Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker, Leanna Renee Hieber

This book was a mild letdown to me. I had read such fevered and excited reviews online referencing gothic novels, Greek mythology, forbidden romance, Victorian London.... it seemed impossible that I wouldn't love (or at least like) this book. But as seems to happen to me more often than not having overly high expectations leads to disappointment.

All in all it was moderately entertaining and a quick read but I never really cared for any of the characters. I ended up skimming a lot of the ominous magical parts. I did like how Percy spoke so many languages and how her physical appearance was so intriguingly described. At this point I don't see myself being interested enough to read the sequel when it is published.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com