Friday, December 18, 2009

Lips Touch: Three Times, Laini Taylor


I saw this mentioned in NPR's 2009 Best YA Fiction list and was intrigued. The cover art is a little vivid to my taste but I am so, so glad that I ordered this one. It is such a clever book. 3 short stories (novellas? I never know which term to use) all centered on the theme of kisses with some serious consequences. The stories are supernatural and otherworldy and so beautifully written. I liked the illustrations within the book, the experience of reading shorter stories, and the overall feel of this book. Everything comes together in a lovely way. My favorite story is "Spicy Little Curses" because in the end I am always going to be a happily ever after kind of girl.

I also loved discovering that the author has fun pink hair and a baby named Clementine! What a cute blog! I'm excited to read more of Laini Taylor's books.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com