Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Summoning, Kelley Armstrong

This book was amazing! I have seen it and its sequel around for quite a while and for some reason I always thought it looked slightly creepy. I decided to give it a try when I saw it at the library and I was blown away!

This story is so well written and paced. I could not stop reading and was so grateful that I had bought the next book last night because I knew I would need to keep going. Especially when I got to the crazy cliff hanger ending on the last page. I would have been livid and way stressed if I had read this last summer with no closure for a year.

Beyond being hooked on the story and being involved with the characters I liked that this was a scary story that didn't veer into disturbing territory for me. I don't mind being scared but I really hate reading or watching anything truly psycho. This book is definitely suspenseful and had several moments where I was so tempted to turn a few pages ahead to make sure certain characters names were still appearing regularly.

This is such a fabulous book and one I will be buying my own copy of soon!
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com