Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fairy Tale, Cyn Balog

I love this book's cover. The wings with the water droplets are almost three dimensional. And I love the premise of this book. I've been waiting for the release date for quite awhile, reading all the buzz on the blogs about it. I started reading it last night and was cautiously optimistic. The characters are likable and honestly who hasn't daydreamed about getting to grow up with a perfect next door neighbor/best friend/boyfriend who also happens to be super attractive. I was so ready to love this book. But I just didn't. And I'm actually sad that I didn't love it. I'm always hoping that the next book I read will suck me in, that I will have to stay up until 3am to find out what happens next, that I won't be able to stop thinking about the characters. This book isn't awful but it's just not great either. And I think it bothers me more because I had hyped it up in my mind.

I woke up this morning and read until I had to get ready for my piano lesson. After I got home I didn't pick it back up for hours. I wanted to finish it but it wasn't urgent. Not how I am usually with books that I really care about.

I don't know if I am just done with the whole secret fairy royalty changeling trope in YA or if the romance hit the wrong notes but I just was not into this book.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com