Monday, June 22, 2009

The Demon's Lexicon, Sarah Rees Brennan

Today was my first official day of summer! I spent it in my favorite way: sleeping in, reading a book in the bathtub for 2 hours, playing the piano, and visiting with friends (Brit & Kim). I knew I wanted to read something light and potentially silly after being so overwhelmed (in an impressed by the book but brought down by the subject matter kind of way) by Columbine and this book fit the bill. It was mildly entertaining and I definitely wanted to keep reading (& did) but I was never that impressed. I liked Alan but I spent the whole book wondering why Nick was the narrator. There are some spoilery reasons why it couldn't be Alan but the whole thing just left me feeling a bit underwhelmed. Meh
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com