Monday, June 1, 2009

Being Nikki, Meg Cabot

So I was really eager to read this one after getting into Airhead and I was liking it right up until the last 20 pages or so. Everything was coming together, all the plot threads being neatly tied up for a satisfying ending, only to have the rug yanked out right before the end. And guess what there's a third book coming out. How convenient. It's shades of LJ Smith all over again. I really don't mind stories that have multiple volumes if it is necessary to the story. I get really irritated by books that could have ended (and should have ended) but keep going just to have another book to sell. The problem is I totally know I will buy this next book because I want to read about Em & Christopher's happy ending. The happy ending that could have been written at the end of Being Nikki if the whole Brandon blackmailing plot twist hadn't been introduced. I realize I'm complaining about a book about brain transplants starting to turn too soap opera-ish for me but I am. I feel like Dr. Drake Ramoray will be making an appearance sometime soon (which would probably reinvigorate my interest in the story!). But I think I've just run out of patience for this story. It's never good when it just sounds tiring to read the next volume.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com