Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Walk to Remember, Nicholas Sparks

I hate movie tie in editions of books but the classier book cover version of this book was 13.99 compared to the Mandy Moore & Dr Ray edition for 7.99. Surprisingly, sometimes even I can be frugal.

I LOVE this movie and have seen it millions and millions of times. I also LOVE the soundtrack and have listened to it also a couple million times. And I am not exaggerating. I realized recently that I had never read the book. And I now love the book more than the movie.

The story takes place in 1958 and is just much more wholesome than the story in the movie. Which is saying something because the movie is pretty wholesome. And of course I cried several times while reading it. It really is one of those stories that makes you wonder why being a teenager makes people turn into such cowards about doing the right thing. Jamie's character is much more believable in the book because you know so much more of her history. And Landon and his friends aren't as rough as they were in the movie.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com