Saturday, April 4, 2009

Looking for Alaska, John Green

Since I've gotten into the world of Young Adult literature this year I have heard about this book everywhere. It has won tons of awards and been on all the lists so I wanted to read it. It is a really well written book. The characters are interesting and (mostly) seem real. The plot is intriguing. All good things but I just didn't like this book that much. Several reviews compare Looking for Alaska to A Separate Piece which I read in high school and also really didn't like. I think A Separate Piece is another well written book and I completely understand why other people enjoy it- I just don't feel that way. I'm still planning to read another John Green book but my copy of Looking for Alaska is on its way to the Paperback Swap.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com