Friday, April 24, 2009

Going Too Far, Jennifer Echols

Oh, I really, really do not like the cover of this book. So strong is my dislike that I almost bought it several times (I kept reading really great reviews) and put it back due to my embarrassment. So I finally ordered online so I wouldn't have to make eye contact with a bookstore clerk while making my purchase. Which is really sad because this was a great book!

I stayed up way too late on Wednesday night to read the entire thing in one sitting. In a really unexplainable way it reminded me of A Walk to Remember (which as an inveterate Mandy Moore supporter is a compliment). This was one of those books that I was really sad to see the end of. I would have kept reading to find out what happens to these characters even though the story had run its course. And I haven't moved on to a new book yet... all proving how wrong I was about this book when I judged it by its cover. I guess I should learn not be so judgmental but I also think this cover really doesn't fit the story- it just skeeves me out.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com