Sunday, March 21, 2010

Strange Angels & Betrayals, Lili St. Crow


I heard about these books on The Story Siren and was interested enough to sweep them into my recent self-pity book buying spree. And I really liked them both. I agree with The Story Siren and other reviews I read mentioning the slow start to Strange Angels and the occasional odd descriptions but overall they are very entertaining stories. There is a lot of suspense and the action is fast paced. In terms of the reading experience they remind me of how I feel about Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers series, Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely, or Holly Black's Tithe- except that I still prefer those 3 writers to this.

I do think that these stories got better as I kept reading. I love the character Graves and his relationship with Dru. And I guess in the end the true test of how I feel about a book is how much I want to read the next story in the series. And I am really mad that I have to wait until July to read the 3rd book! These are definitely very entertaining & stress relieving- and those are often my main objectives in reading, so I would rank Strange Angels & Betrayals as successes.

I really like the shiny cover art too. But it's funny to me how Dru constantly describes herself as not being very pretty and the model on the covers is obviously quite good looking.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com