Sunday, March 14, 2010

Gone, Lisa McMann



Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she’d made her peace with it. But she can’t handle dragging Cabel down with her. She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He’s amazing. And she’s a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves: She has to disappear. And it’s going to kill them both. Then a stranger enters her life — and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she’d ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out...

I read Wake and Fade a long, long time ago. I really liked them and they are both very quick books to read. I really wish that I had read all 3 for the first time together instead of stretching out for so long until Gone came out. And here is why: I like this series but I don't love this series. I hadn't thought about these characters in ages which is why I bought Gone the day it came out and then promptly forgot about it. I tried a few times to read it but I couldn't remember who the characters were and what anyone's deal was. Being sick and bored last night I just gave in and sped read/skimmed Wake and then the last few pages of Gone to get caught up. But I don't like having to do that.

Having said all of that I did enjoy reading Gone. I like my stories to have endings and this one sure did. But then I read this review and found myself nodding my head. I wouldn't say that I am as disappointed as Wondrous Reads but I really agreed with almost all the points that led to her disappointment. To descend into lolcat speak: Needs Moar Cabel! That sums up my feelings. Especially at the end! I like Lisa McMann's characters enough to wish there was another book coming to give me some more Cabel.

Also this UK cover is vastly superior to the US cover, as usual. Why does every book I read have a prettier/classier/more interesting cover in the UK?



 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com