Thursday, January 7, 2010

Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys, Kate Brian


Boys. 7 of them, to be exact.

Megan is used to moving from place to place -- it's typical for an army brat. But she drew the line at South Korea. She insists on staying in the States to finish her last two years of high school. So her parents made arrangements for Megan to live with their friends, the McGowans...and the McGowans' 7 sons.

Turns out, living with 7 boys might as well be a foreign country! The boys are messy. They are cliquey (who knew?). And worst of all, two of the oldest boys are H-O-T. (A problem considering they are supposed to be Megan's "brothers.") Megan is definitely in enemy territory. She needs to win over the boys' hearts without totally crushing her own.

And when Megan starts falling for one of them, sibling rivalry takes on a whole new meaning....

What is a girl to do?

This book was so cute! I went in with appropriately low expectations and was so pleasantly surprised to be reading fluff of the highest quality. I consider myself to be a teen fluff connoisseur and this book definitely met my standards.

It fulfilled all my fluff requirements: likable main girl, plethora of cute boys, & a plot with a non-stressful amount of romantic tension & escapism followed by a happy ending. All these elements combined to help me forget my horrifying week back in first grade hell. I might be purchasing this one for further de-stressing purposes.

And I've got my fingers crossed for a sequel!


 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com