Saturday, January 30, 2010

Iron Kissed and Bone Crossed, Patricia Briggs

When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder, its up to shape-shifting car mechanic Mercy Thompson to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not. And she'll have to choose between the two werewolves in her life — whether she wants to or not.



In a world where "witches, vampires, werewolves, and shape-shifters live beside ordinary people" (Booklist), it takes a very unusual woman to call it home. By day, Mercy Thompson is a car mechanic in Eastern Washington. By night, she explores her preternatural side. As a shape-shifter with some unusual talents, Mercy's found herself maintaining a tenuous harmony between the human and the not-so-human on more than one occasion. This time she may get more than she bargained for.

I continue to love Mercy Thompson. I read both Iron Kissed and its follow up, Bone Crossed, today so the two stories have merged in my mind as one big long Mercy adventure. Iron Kissed had a sad plot twist for Mercy that I did not appreciate but it was handled as well as it could be.

I love that Mercy finally chose which werewolf she wanted to be with and I especially appreciate that she picked who I thought she should (Team Adam for the win!). I also love that Mercy drinks hot chocolate in moments of stress and goes to church every Sunday. Mercy is just one of those characters who you want to be friends with.

Now I am sad that I have to wait to read the next installment after getting to read all 4 in one week. And I have to keep my fingers crossed that Mercy and Adam remain firmly in love (I had a momentary New Moon induced panic attack when I thought Mercy was going to hurt Adam by leaving him to "protect him". Thankfully Patricia Briggs didn't toy with me like Edward). I also want Mercy & Adam to have coyote-wolf babies. So I'll be busy holding my breath for that to happen ;)
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com