Thursday, January 14, 2010

Alpha & Omega, Patricia Briggs

"The werewolf Anna finds a new sense of self when the son of the werewolf king comes to town to quell unrest in the Chicago pack- and inspires a power in Anna that she's never felt before."
I really have some issues with this book cover (and really this whole genre as I realized when reading Bitten but that's another topic). I don't get why these books that are marketed to women are given seductive ladies splashed across the covers. You'd think they would go the way of the traditional Fabio romance cover art but with a hunky Native American werewolf instead. And that's another thing why are the werewolves in these books all Native Americans?

When I read Cry Wolf I always felt like there were some pieces of the story missing even though it is the first book in the series. Then I figured out that the story started in this short story in this random anthology. And I liked the start of the story much better than the middle parts I got to read in Cry Wolf. It's weird to me that the publishers wouldn't have included the short story in Cry Wolf or had the author smoosh them together. Or at least made it clear that you will be missing some details if you don't track down this other short story. I found it irritating that it was so hard to figure out where to start reading.

After all that I did like reading the beginning of Anna & Charles's story. It's silly and not entirely my thing but it piqued my interest enough to have me considering reading the second book. We shall see. I do have an exceedingly high tolerance for reading silly books.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com