Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hunting Ground, Patricia Briggs

Mated to werewolf Charles Cornick, the son -and enforcer -of the leader of the North American werewolves, Anna Latham now knows how dangerous being a werewolf is, especially when a werewolf opposes Charles and his father is struck down. Charles's reputation makes him the prime suspect, and the penalty for the crime is execution. Now Anna and Charles must combine their talents to hunt down the real killer -or Charles will take the fall.
So I have gone back and forth in my feelings about this series and now I have swung back around to liking it. Last night I kept waking up feeling like crap (which might just be symptomatic of not wanting to go back to school after the 3 day weekend) and I eventually picked this book up. And I ended up liking it more than everything else in this series thus far.

This book had a huge focus on the relationship between Anna & Charles which is all I really care about in the first place so I enjoyed reading it. It was perfect middle of the night distraction reading. Now I just need to come to peace with being the kind of girl who is into these kind of books- or these books need to get better cover art and I won't have to feel silly about them.

The only bummer is that the next book comes out in Fall 2011! That is way too far away and it sets me down a depressing train of thought: what if I am in exactly the same life situation in 2011 needing to self-sooth in the middle of the night with werewolf stories. If I am going to be in a bad mood reading werewolf stories in 2011 I at least need to be a lot blonder, thinner, and/or richer. How's that for shallow? Or maybe I just won't be in a bad mood anymore.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com