Monday, July 27, 2009

Secret Society Girl, Diana Peterfreund

I have now been awake for over 24 hours in my (hopefully successful) attempt to get my circadian rhythms back into a respectable pattern. I read Secret Society Girl and the next 2 books in the series from midnight until about 7am. I was so into this story that I didn't even feel my eyes burning. I loved this book. It's funny, quick, and a complete page turner in a summery I should be reading this at the beach kind of way.

I love Amy and her feisty attitude especially her send off at the initial interview and her throw-down speech at the end. It's nice to pretend that someone is together enough to actually be that articulate in the heat of the moment. I so cringed for Amy when she found out that she was not a first choice to be tapped- there is nothing like snotty rich people to make other rich, smart, and successful people feel less than. Cringe-worthy but so realistic. All in all a great story with smart & believable characters.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com