Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Love to Last Forever, Tracie Peterson

Each of the books in this series focuses on a different sister and I was worried that the switch in main characters would irritate me. But here is where I became even more impressed with Tracie Peterson's writing. Each book might have a different sister as the main event but the other sisters and characters are fully formed in each book. The books flow together smoothly and you get to know all the characters and the nascent town they live in better with each one.

I think I enjoyed this second volume the most in the trilogy, probably because Bethany was my favorite of the three sisters. Maybe because I relate a little bit too much to her feelings in this prayer: "Please show me how to let go of my fairy-tale ideals and desires and to focus instead on the way you would have me live my life." (p.157)

"Over the weeks, Beth had gradually lost interest in her books [she had an unhealthy fixation on dime-store thrillers]. Real life seemed far too interesting... she had her own romance and God was more real than ever." (p.264)

Maybe that's my problem my real life can't even begin to be as interesting as the books I read. Until things get more interesting I'm sticking with books.

"People say that life is the thing but I prefer reading." - Logan Pearsall Smith
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com