Sunday, March 29, 2009

City of Ashes, Cassandra Clare

Cassandra Clare has completely tapped into the "Stephenie Meyeresque-can't-exactly-identify-what-it-is-but-it's-hypnotic" quality of writing. I know as I am reading it that it is silly but I can't stop reading. The books are really long but you can finish them in a few hours. You feel a compulsion to keep reading. And then as soon as you finish one to immediately go to the store and buy the next one. When I purchased City of Ashes this weekend I told myself there was no way I would buy the last book in the series because it was just released and is only available in hardback and that it would just be wrong to pay hardback prices for this series. But now I'm done and I just want to keep reading. So I know what I'll be shopping for tomorrow morning. At least it's Spring Break and I can read without feeling guilty.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com