Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Boy Book, E. Lockhart

E. Lockhart is officially my favorite YA author. I loved reading this next Ruby Oliver book and can't wait to read the next two books in the series (I don't think they're out yet). Ruby continues to entertain...

"I like to swim," I said. "And read. And watch movies. But can you imagine a catalog description for that? 'Exploring the Shallow Life: Students will enjoy a double feature of Love Actually and Bridget Jone's Diary, wallowing in the hotness of Hugh Grant and Colin Firth, followed by thrift-store shopping, intensive reading of mystery novels, and a dip in the pool. Evenings will be spent consuming Popsicles and experimenting with cosmetics.'" (p.72)

I wholeheartedly endorse the above activities; just substitute used book store shopping for thrift store shopping.

I also relate to feeling like this about boys:

"Jackson was there in my mind, all the time. Like a tumor." (p.81)


And finally I find myself saying things like this a little too often:

"If this were a movie of my life, I would go on for a couple of weeks in a state of dejection,"


.... followed by the appropriate happy ending.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com