Friday, September 24, 2010

My Life with the Saints, James Martin

This has been on my to be read list for several years. I've even checked it out from the library several times without getting started. Today I read the first two chapters and I can tell already this is going to be a book that gets stuffed with my little post-it flags!

Chapbook:

Books to read/reread/look up:
The Story of a Soul, St Therese of Lisieux
Mere Christianity, CS Lewis
The Meaning of Saints, Lawrence Cunningham
Confessions, St. Augustine
The Great War & Modern Memory, Paul Fussell
Goodbye to all That, Robert Graves
Memoirs of George Sherston, Siegfried Sassoon
Lives of the Saints, Richard McBrien
Saint Joan of Arc, Vita Sackville-West
Joan of Arc, Mary Gordon

Poets:
Edmund Blunden
Rupert Brooke
Wilfred Owen

Joan of Arc, 1879
Jules Bastien-Lepage (French, 1848–1884)
Oil on canvas


I need to add this to my netflix queue:





"We're meant to be ourselves, and meant to allow God to work in and through our own individuality, our own humanity." p.6

"Often what you remember best is what you learned first." p.25




 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com