Friday, April 16, 2010

The Duke and I, Julia Quinn

After enduring two seasons in London, Daphne Bridgerton is no longer naive enough to believe she will be able to be marry for love. But is it really too much to hope for a husband for whom she at least has some affection?

Her brother’s old school friend Simon Basset - the new Duke of Hastings - has no intention of ever marrying. However, newly returned to England, he finds himself the target of the many marriage-minded society mothers who remain convinced that reformed rakes make the best husbands.

To deflect their attention, the handsome hell-raiser proposes to Daphne that they pretend an attachment. In return, his interest in Daphne will ensure she becomes the belle of London society with suitors beating a path to her door. There’s just one problem, Daphne is in very real danger of falling for a man who has no intention of making their charade a reality…

I have given myself over to reading all of Julia Quinn's books, especially now that I have realized the library has all of them. I have enjoyed reading all of her books so far, some have been more endearing than others, and this one ranks high on the list.

I think I liked this one so much because I wanted to be friends with Daphne. She is such a fun character and  I am a sucker for books in a series so knowing that each of Daphne's siblings has a book and that she would most likely appear in them, had me quite content. It is so relaxing to me having such a big stack of books ready to read that I know will be stress relieving.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com