Monday, September 7, 2009

The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins

I have a tendency to get overly involved in books that I love. When I first started reading so much YA again this year I heard about this book everywhere. And the common thread was how intense & suspenseful it is and how everyone was dying to read the sequel. Knowing my obsessive tendencies I decided to save myself the anxiety and wait to read The Hunger Games until I could have Catching Fire ready to read the moment I turned the last page.

And I am so glad that I protected my neurotic little self this way. The Hunger Games is amazing! I am so blown away by Suzanne Collins' ability to freak me out. I had many moments where I put the book down and tried to take some calming breaths. I don't think I'll be able to write anything that expresses how much I love this book. I am off to read Catching Fire and remain firmly Team Peeta! I just hope I can handle it until the 3rd book comes out.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com