Sunday, December 5, 2010

Happy December!



In completely predictable news I have been sick which has led to less reading of late. I am excited to have made a new Christmas tumblr though! I love this time of year even if I've been stuck in bed for the last few days with vertigo, which I thought was a disease for the elderly. Maybe I am fastforwarding myself into that group, who knows?

My reading update is full of some trashier stuff this time. And I am starting to think I might not make it to my goal of 200 books this year. I've got 26 days to get 40 more books read and I don't like the idea of reading 40 YA or 40 super short books either so we'll see what I end up doing.

Because I have been feeling so mentally blah I'm not going into the past 11 or so books I've read in too much detail. They can be summarized as follows:

-a fun new (well, at least new to me) supernatural series with books that can be read in 2 hours each leading to my irritation at having to wait for the next installment coming out a year from now (Carrie Vaughn's Kitty Norville series)

-the latest in a different supernatural read in 2 hours each series that was a little bit of a let down (Devon Monk's Magic at the Gates)

-3 trashy regency romances (Mary Balogh & Sherry Thomas books)

-2 moderately silly YA titles that many people seem to love that grate on my nerves just a bit (Simone Elkele's Paradise series)

-1 middle grade nonfiction about the Brontes that I thought was quite well done (A Family Called Bronte)

-Shadow Hills- I remember liking this while I read it but I honestly can't remember much about it now. I will blame my vertigo infected brain for that.

-Stalker Girl- this one I remember & liked in all its creepy glory. I love books like this one with unreliable narrators and so much suspense. I could not put this book down at all. It was so good! And it was funny to realize that the other is a professor at St. Mary's where I have done some of my continuing ed teacher credential classes. Small world!
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com