Sunday, November 15, 2009

Soulless, Gail Carriger

Today I had vitamin poisoning (a new disorder that comes from trying too hard to fix all of your health problems with a quick trip to the witch doctor section of Whole Foods). Because of this I spent a good chunk of the morning in bed with this book. And it was perfect reading material for my situation.

I loved the characters in this book. I am predisposed to enjoy spinsters and Alexia is a very entertaining one. I appreciated that Alexia was happy with her single lot in life but also quite appreciative of her very attractive friend Lord Maccon. She was a perfect blend of spunkiness without crossing over into being a raging feminist.... I love that her character is an original but also belieavable for her time period.

The story was fast paced and suspenseful. I loved the romantic tension between Lord Maccon & Alexia. And the entire book was filled with hilarious lines. It was a great pick me up from my near vitamin death.

I am really excited that there is another book coming out in the spring!
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com