Monday, November 30, 2009

Deadly Little Lies, Laurie Faria Stolarz




Finally an impulse buy that didn't enrage me after reading it! Clearly, I have a serious problem when it comes to buying books that I am 99.9% sure will be exceedingly insubstantial & ridiculous. I bought this book based purely on the pretty cover (which is the reason I bought the previous book in the series). Whoever is designing these covers is hopefully making at least some money from them because the cover art is the only thing attracting me. That and the fact that I will pretty much buy & attempt to read anything when I am in the right sort of mood (read: overwhelmed by my life).

I wasn't too impressed with the first book but I actually really enjoyed this one. I was slightly shocked by how much I liked it. Hopefully the next book will have the same designer giving me pretty art & the fancy kind of smooth paper for the dust jacket. And I really hope Laurie Stolarz continues to write in this style- that way I can forget about the first book. My only request would be for more Ben & Camellia quality time in the next one. I didn't like them being apart for so long and then having just a taste of reconciliation on the last few pages.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com