Saturday, February 27, 2010

Reading Slump


I've been having a hard time getting into any books lately for some reason. Knock'em Dead was a cute, though crass at times, mystery. It was an interesting story and the characters were well done. Even though I wasn't in love with it I would definitely read another Rhonda Pollero book sometime. On the other end, there is Tempest Rising with its horrific cover art. I had read some really good reviews and the fact that the main character is a mermaid made me willing to overlook the cover. Apparently I will go against my better judgment for the promise of a good mermaid story. And I tried really hard to like the story but just couldn't. It was really painful reading & I just wasn't into it. So I need to get out of my slump somehow, especially if I'm going to reach my goal of 365 books this year.
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com