Monday, January 25, 2010

Fish Out of Water, Mary Janice Davidson



Fred the mermaid has taken the bait and chosen Artur, High Prince of the Black Sea, over human marine biologist Thomas. The existance of the Undersea Folk is no longer a secret, and someone needs to keep them from floundering in the media spotlight. Fred has all the right skills for the job, but not for when her real father surfaces and his presence complicates matters even more.

As civil war threatens to sink the merfolk, Fred can't stop thinking about the landlubber she left behind...

I really have enjoyed the extreme fluffiness of these Fred the mermaid books. And as much as I like them I'm kind of glad that the author gave Fred a real ending in this third and final book. It seems like some of these series go on and on with no need. I like that this one wraps things up. And I really love who Fred ends up with! Which is why I wouldn't be upset if Mary Janice Davidson ever wrote another Fred story, providing Fred & her marine biologist get to be happy together. Otherwise I'm fine with no more stories. Although it would be hilarious to read about Jonas planning Fred's wedding. So maybe I do want another installment. And I really think I might need to order the UK covers.

At any rate here is, perhaps, the most awesome part of The Little Mermaid in honor of Fred. I was reminiscing with Nora about how I distinctly remember as a kid thinking that I was watching something profoundly beautiful and serious when Ariel rises up on that sea rock and the waves crash behind her... deep stuff:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com