Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

I feel pretty neutral about this one. If it had been much longer I don't think I would have kept reading. Part of that it is that i just don't relate much to edgy, punk rock, foul mouthed teens.... but I did enjoy the following:

"Hi. I'm Thom. With an h"
I tell him, "I'm Gnorah. With a g. The g is silent. Like gnome."
"Really?" Thom says. (p.35)

And how could I not appreciate the My So-Called Life references like this one:

If Caroline were here, we could dissect Nick via My So-Called Life script/Jordan Catalano moments.

Rayanne:
I think part of him is partly interested in you. Definitely. I mean, he's got
other things on his mind.

Angela:
But that's the part that's so unfair. I have nothing else on my mind. How come
I have to be the one sitting around analyzing him in microscopic detail, and
he gets to be the one with other things on his mind.

Rickie:
That is deep (p.149-150)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com